Morpheus
Morpheus

?? Which Of The Greek Gods Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Merdeka again.. and Career!

Salaam..

So how was the Merdeka Celebration? Besh? ke sama jek cam tahun2 lepas? Aku nye celebration plak, atas couch dok flip2 channel! Jadik cam adegan mengejar Mawi dlm TV plak! Kejap kat Astro Ria, kejap kat TV1, kendian kat Astro Ria lagik! Hebat betul Mawi tu!! Memang magic! ha ha!

Scene 1
Semalam terbaca dlm paper pasal Khairi menantu Pak Lah yang nak jadik Hero UMNO dengan menghentam mamat nama Ronnie dari DAP pasal statement dia dlm web DAP (tak sangka lak aku org2 UMNO ni baca DAP nye website... takde koje ke tu?!) Personally, aku setuju ngan Ronnie tu. Bukan lah aku nak mendeny akan perjuangan Bapa Kemerdekaan kita. But deep down I do believe ada lagik ramai orang yang mengcontributekan towards kemerdekaan, bukan merely the person yang ulang alik gi UK nak mintak 'blessing' dari Queen untuk memerdekakan Malaysia (hmmm.....). Aku baca balik Ronnie nye statement tu, takde le plak dia ckp Komunis tolong memerdekakan Malaysia. Kalau tak salah aku, Ronnie tu ckp :

It must be pointed out that without the struggle and sacrifice made by these freedom fighters and the pressure mounted by the Malayan Communist Party led by Chin Peng (as acknowledged by Tan Sri Rahim Noor, IGP on signing the peace accord with MCP), the British would certainly not willing to cooperate and negotiate with the Alliance leaders for an “Independence without bloodshed”.

Tu jek.. daripada pemahaman English aku yang kurang ni, takde plak dia directly ckp yang komunis ni tolong memerdekakan Malaysia, well at least not directly. But UMNO really taking this out of proportion. Well, not a surprise anyway. Kan ke derang memang pakar dlm bidang ni. Twisting the facts for their own benefit. Bior le. Asalkan derang bahagia. (Nak masuk ISA ke apai oooiii??)

Scene 2
Aku memang akan balik Borneo! Been given a choice. Either nak stay and buat apa yang aku tgh buat skrg in KL, or take another offer and working in Borneo. I'll sacrifice my fun in KL, for Brunei then!

Career ni mmg perlu kan? Aku ni mmg dari dulu dok try nak establish a career. Not just a job, but a career. Something that I can look back and say that I belong to it. I always dream of doing something that I love, and being paid for doing so. Anything related to cars and guitars will be a dream job for me.

But now, I have to admit that, I belong to Oil n Gas! For life! And I am going to establish a better future for myself in this field. Korang mesti ingat keje OnG ni mmg besh kan? Masyuk ek?! Well, I don't deny that, tapi I think OnG nye field mmg gila laa. One of the largest and most masyukest company to work with is Schlumberger (pronounced as Shlam-ber-jay). Had a chance to work with them for a year. Mmg masyuk! Kalau aku still ngan derang sekarang, mau aku jadik Jutawan Fakir sekarang!! heheheh!! Takde lee.. lawak jek tu!

Tapi altho masyuk, tapi mmg sacrifice gila2 nye. Sacrifice your life. Social life mmg boleh dikatakan zero! You are their employee, working with them 24/7 365 days a year. Nak balik keje kol 5 ptg? Jgn harap. Enjoying your weekends? In your dream. Going for a vacation? Takyah! Lupakan aje! Well.. as the saying goes.. You win some, you lose some!

Masa aku join SLB dulu.. aku baru start keje. Really a shocker la bila tau life kat slb tu, since kita sume dok pikir keje ni cam 8 to 5 jek, and weekend lepak. But OnG and Offshore life, is totally different.

But for whatever it is or was, I enjoyed working in this line. So many things, so technology oriented, and so memeningkan kepala! All boils into one, and I will stick wit h it, as long as aku bley tahan!

Scene 3
Aku bertuah kerana dlm life aku bekerja ni, aku tak pernah really work with the locals directly, or even working with Chinese, or any other races. Aku dok keje sendiri2 jek most of the time. Of course dealing ngan orang lain la kan. But ngan local Malaysian, tak byk sangat la. Kalau ada pun, tak berapa affecting my operation.

But dari bbrp tahun aku kerja ni, for some reason, aku tak tau kenapa, working ngan orang luar lagi senang ngan local. Kenapa ek?! I'm not talking about local as in Asian, but only Malaysian. I can get things done much easier out of Singapore than from my fellow Malaysian counterpart, even ngan Melayu Singaporean. Bukan aku nak kondem locals, but for some reason our fellow Malaysian always have issues yang buat derang give out sub standard service or output. Of course, issue paling besar sekali adalah gaji. Aku dok terpikir, kenapa derang tak pikir yang what if they work so hard, and one day nanti derang akan kena recognize, and been given a better offer? Why need to complaint so much, then tak puas hati, and then keje pun ala kadar without giving extra effort?

Kekadang kalau ada orang ngadu pasal mende2 camni ngan aku, aku pun pening kepala. Tatau nak ckp apa. Aku nak bangkang, derang takkan paham points aku. Nak tak nak, aku iye kan aje. Aku ni takde le gaji besau sangat. Struggle gak to meet ends meet. Nak wat camne?! Cuma aku rasa, if you're giving only 35%, and expecting a 200% return, logik ke tu?! Sendiri mau tau laaa.. hehehehe...

‘Malayan nationalism had not been born out of conflict and there was not a single Malayan Minister who had ever spent a day in prison for sedition’.
(The Times, August 31, 1957.)


I am not a DAP member, nor inclined towards any political party. You grew me up to be thinking like this, so is it wrong to look at things from a different perspective? The mainstream ideas aren't necessarily right nor they are wrong! This is what Freedom is all about!